Council 1429

banner3

William E. Prentice Council 1429

Founded on June 9, 1909, Council 1429 was established by a group of men belonging originally to a council in Port Huron, Michigan.
Council 1429 services four Sarnia parishes:
  • Our Lady of Mercy
  • Sacred Heart
  • St. Joseph
  • St. George
Named for past-member William E. Prentice, Council 1429 supports several causes such as St. Peter’s Seminary in London, scholarships for local students, the culture of life and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. We also partner with and raise funds for the parish churches, elementary and high schools.
As well as supporting local charities, council members sell tickets for an annual Charities Lottery that supports The Arthritis Society and the Ontario Special Olympics.
The council currently has about 90 members and meetings are held monthly at Our Lady of Mercy Church hall.